Sunday Brunch: Easy Egg + Avocado Bagel
EASY LIKE SUNDAY MORNING
This egg + avocado bagel is SOO easy to prep. Jaz and I loved making (and eating!) this after our morning Sunday hike for guilt-free sustenance. This recipe has good sources of protein, healthy fats and fiber, giving us energy and keeping us feeling grounded without feeling heavy. The citrus and spice flair give this recipe added zing to help wake us up. Plus, one bagel can make two servings.
note: this recipe contains egg and dairy
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Multigrain Bagel
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Fresh Orange
- 1 (cage-free) Egg, fried
- Hummus or Cream Cheese
- Mixed Greens
- Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Sprinkle of Cheyenne Pepper
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- Grapes (Substitute side of choice)
1 Serving Size, Multiply ingredients by serving size.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Prepare Ingredients: Slice Avocados, Oranges, and half the bagel.
- Toast bagel to desired crispy-ness.
- In a frying pan, fry the egg on medium heat to desired level (I prefer over-medium).
- Once egg has finished cooking, drain on napkin. Spread a layer of hummus or cream cheese on toasted bagel and then cover with a bed of mixed greens. Lay the egg on top of the mixed greens. Top generously with sliced avocado. Sprinkle on crumbled goat cheese and a dash of cheyenne and black pepper. Finally, adorn plate with a side of hydrating fruit like orange slices and grapes. Wholesome + Easy.