Let's talk Lassi: Benefits of India's Probiotic Yogurt Smoothie
contains Vitamin A, B, riboflavin, calcium and protein.
Lassi is an Indian probiotic yogurt that pacifies and improves the immunity of the 3 doshas:
vata, pitta and kapha.
Have you heard of Lassi? What is it? Lassi is a traditional Indian probiotic yogurt with the consistency of a smoothie that pacifies and improves the immunity of all three doshas: vata, pitta and kapha. Lassi reduces acidity levels in the stomach and aids in our digestion by promoting digestive enzymes that help break-up the food we eat. Lassi yogurt is naturally probiotic which means that it is full of friendly bacteria (Lactobacillus) that help kill off harmful pathogens in the gut, reduce cholesterol and help your intestines absorb nutrients more easily. Drinking Lassi can be a great benefit by rehydrating the body, soothing and strengthening the digestive tract, naturally reducing bloating, relieving stomach disorders and preventing constipation.
Add these to your LASSI for added Benefits:
VATA - Add cardamom and cinnamon to kick start your appetite and get in some protein and calcium.
PITTA - Add mint leaves to keep you cool in summer and to soothe your stomach.
KAPHA - Add almonds and hemp seeds for healthy fatty acids. If you're feeling hungry between meals try this to feel full.
Other ways to enjoy lassi for added benefits
We love mixing these fruits, herbs and seeds into our lassi:
- turmeric powder: a known anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogen.
- ginger: improved digestion, improved appetite, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- chia seeds: source of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber and antioxidants.
- mango: alkalizes the body and improves digestion. Mango naturally clears the skin and helps restore natural glow. During summer-heat, it helps prevent heat stroke. Known anti-carcinogen.
- honey: antioxidant that is a natural source of energy and healing, especially during colder months.