ELIXIR! +Immunity, Digestion, Energy: Carrot Ginger Orange Juice
AN ELIXIR FOR: + IMMUNITY + DIGESTION + ENERGY
Carrot Ginger Orange Juice
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger root
- 2 oranges
- 4 carrots
- honey to taste
+ 1/4 tsp of turmeric for anti-inflammatory boost
note: opt for organic and locally grown and adjust to taste
+ vitamin A
+ vitamin C
+ bioflavonoids (phytonutrient)
+ carotenoid phytochemical antioxidants
+ supports healthy vision
+ aids digestion
+ energy boosting
- Peel and chop ginger and carrots.
- Put the carrots and ginger into a blender, add 1/2 - 1 cup water, depending on desired consistency.
- Blend until mixture is fully integrated.
- Pour the carrot-ginger pulp into a cheese cloth, separating the juice from the pulp.
- Separately squeeze oranges into a glass using a hand-juicer.
- Mix together the orange juice with the extracted carrot-ginger juice into a glass, chill and enjoy.
+ AYURVEDIC NOTES: detoxifying tonic, energy booster, stimulates and breaks down excess kapha (heavy water/earth element), moves tamas into the realm of sattva and rajas. Purifies pitta (dynamic water/fire element) and increases vata (dynamic air/space element) associated with the gut and colon respectively, aids digestion. Juices naturally contain higher levels of sugar, so avoid adding additional sugar. Citrus juices are best taken before a meal, in the morning. Can be cooled by adding cucumber.