SUPER BOWL: Simple Superfood Chia & Gogi Berry Oatmeal
Chia & Gogi Berry Oatmeal
WHAT YOU NEED
1. CHOOSE YOUR OATS:
1 cup old-fashioned oats + 1 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup steel-cut oats + 1-1/2 cup almond milk
* What type of oats are you cooking?
The recipe will vary depending on the type of oats you have.
2. CHOOSE YOUR TOPPINGS:
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
coconut nectar to taste
*Makes a Single Serving
- lowers bad cholesterol
- helps stabilize glucose levels
- high in fiber and nutrients
- dense and grounding
HOW TO MAKE this SUPERFOOD OATMEAL
- Pour almond milk and water into medium sized saucepan and set on medium heat. Slowly bring to a simmer. Stir in oats and add in a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Cook for 5-7 minutes for old-fashioned oats.
- For steel-cut oats, reduce heat and stir occasionally as oats thicken for ~20 minutes. Continue to cook to a creamy consistency, ~10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat. Portion into servings and let sit for ~3-5 minutes. The longer it sits, the thicker the oatmeal will become. (Right before it gets thick, I add the chia seeds and goji berries so they will become softer and be easy to digest.)
- Top with a tablespoon each of coconut flakes, flax seeds, chia seeds, and goji berries. Drizzle with coconut nectar to sweeten to taste. Serve and enjoy immediately :)
* If you have allergies or dietary needs, any of the ingredients can be substituted. Experiment and have fun.